2015 NEWS AND LATEST RESOURCES
News from other years:
[2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 additions are also available by month]
- 70% of Ghana's rice imported annually
December 21, 2015, Peace FM Online (Ghana)
- Pulo Godang didorong Sentra lumbung padi (Harvest festival of 10 farmers groups who maintained a 10 ha demplot that got SRI of 9.3 tons/ha.]
December 19, 2015, Harian Analisa (Tapanuli Selatan, Indonesia)
- Collector shares field wisdom with farmers
December 18, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Students of agri college conduct camp [Adhiprasakthi Agriculture College students study SSI and SRI]
December 15, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Rice farmers need power tillers-Gov’t told
December 11, 2015, Ghana News Agency (Ghana)
- Tra Vinh: Rice farmers earn extra income with intensive farming
December 11, 2015, Vietnam+ (Tra Vinh, Vietnam)
- Vedanta wins 5th Annual Greentech CSR Award [One of Vendata's Aajeevika projects (Krushak Bandhu)
developed farmers’ clubs and implemented an SRI project on 100 acres with 74 farmers over past 2 years]
December 6, 2015, OrissaDiary (Odisha, India)
- Ditanam TNI, padi detani diasuransikan 6 puta per hektar [The army helps out planting 6 ha of SRI rice in Tabanan, Bali]
December 7, 2015, Suara Dewata (Bali, Indonesia)
- Rice farmers must produce quality rice – GRIB
December 3, 2015, GhanaWeb (Ghana)
- Dinas Pertanian Lebak dorong petani kembangkan beras merah [Dept. of Ag from Lebak Regency promotes organic red rice production using SRI methods.]
November 28, 2015, Berita Satu (Banten, Indonesia)
- ATMAs conduct various agricultural activities across state (ATMA Jakhama block inaugurated SRI farm school at Tora, Kezoma village.)
November 25, 2015, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- DAR holds farmers' convention in Dipolog City [SRI among topics for 400 farmers at convention]
November 24, 2015, Sun Star Zamboanga (Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines)
- Now, state to promote non-paddy crops [Govt. to launch special drive to encourage SRI adoption]
November 13, 2015, OrissaNews (Odisha, India)
- Cumbum farmers record bumper paddy yield
November 5, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Pemkot Madiun kembangkan tanaman padi teknologi "SRI"
November 4, 2015, Antatra Jatim (Jawa Timur, Indonesia)
- 6,550 hectares of paddy under SRI
November 4, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Gubernur Syahrul YL panen raya padi di Tomoni Lutim (Governor of South Sulawesi reviews SRI methods at harvest festival)
November 2, 2015, Rakyatku.com (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Menristekdikti dorong pertanian organik
November 1, 2015, AntaraLampung.com (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Indian expertise in agriculture ure can help Africa [Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) showcases SRI along with other items for promotion at the Third India-Africa Forum Summit]
October 31, 2015, The Statesman (India)
- Fending off climate change: Taking a leaf out of Nepal’s book
October 26, 2015, The Express Tribune (Pakistan- re: Nepal)
- A model to conserve indigenous paddy varieties [NGO in Pudukotti district revives 18 drought-tolerant disease-resistant traditional varieties using SRI]
October 25, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Kementan bagi-bagi traktor
[SRI credited with 10.4 ton/ha yield on 400 ha of padi in Bogor, surpassing the 6.6 ton/ha target]
October 20, 2015, Bogor Today (West Java, Indonesia)
- Program Upsus sokong produksi padi meningkat 6,64% di 2015 [SRI among the activities suggested by Minister of Agriculture to raise yields.]
October 20, 2015, Metrotvnews.com (West Java, Indonesia)
- Villages in Nepal offer Pakistan lessons on coping with climate change
October 7, 2015, Dawn (Pakistan, re: Nepal)
- Agam kembangkan pola tanam SRI seluas 280 hektare
October 8, 2015, Sumbar Online (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- National Food Security Mission for Naga farmers since 2012
October 6, 2015, Morang Express (Nagaland, India)
- National Food Security Mission program in Kohima district [SRI has reduced labor and increased profits in Kohima district.]
October 6, 2015, WebIndia 123 (Nagaland, India)
- Nepal farmers countering climate challenges [SRI among climate-smart innovations promoted by govt. in eastern Terai; introduced into Mahadevsthan and Nayagaun villages.]
October 3, 2015, Business Standard (Nepal) [article also carried in The Statesman]
- Partage d’expériences sur la culture du riz biologique au Vietnam
September 22, 2015, Nhân Dân en ligen (Thai Nguyen, Vietnam)
- Low-CO2 rice farming foresees future expansion [Report of a regional event featuring organic SRI in Thai Nguyen province.]
September 21, 2015, Vietnam+ (Thai Nguyen, Vietnam)
- How researchers are trying to grow an unusual urban crop: Rice [Trials at the University of the District of Columbia’s Muirkirk Research Farm in Beltsville, Md., adapt SRI principles]
September 10, 2015, Washington Post (Washington D.C., USA)
- How water conservation can save money in drought-ridden India [SRI among water conservation methods for drought areas.]
September 7, 2015, Business Standard (India)
- Terroirs villageois à matam: 18 unités pastorales se renforcent en infrastructures
September 5, 2015, Le Soleil (Senegal)
- Demi panggilan luhur, rela kami berlumpur
September 3, 2015, Tabloid Sinartani (Sumatera Barat, Indonesia)
SRI method a boon to paddy farmers
September 1, 2015, Hans India (Telangana, India)
- Program ketahanan pangan digeber
September 1, 2015, Samarinda Pos (East Kalimantan, Indonesia)
- Nestlé India implements over 260 water and sanitation projects benefitting 180,000 village students [Nestlé India project to help reduce the agricultural water withdrawal from the Kabini catchment area in Karnataka over the next 3 years to train farmers in SRI and SSI (sugarcane).]
August 26, 2015, The Hans India (Karnataka, India)
- Crop yield contest for farmers
August 20, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Banyuwangi succeeds with new system of rice cultivation [Govt. in Banyuwangi district, East Java, to expand to 2,500 ha. of SRI through 59 farmer groups during 2015.]
August 17, 2015, Antara News, (East Java, Indonesia)
- House panel instructs facilitating paddy plantation
August 10, 2015, The Himalayan Times (Nepal)
- Nepal may lose ‘Rs 25b’ from paddy [Ministry of Ag. Development to expedite its SRI and direct seeding in districts with experiencing poor rainfall.]
August 10, 2015, Kathmandu Post (Nepal)
- Paddy to be cultivated in 7,040 hectors at Khowai
July 29, 2015, Tripura Infoway (Tripura, India)
- Musim tanam 2015, Korotinondo terapkan SRI [Luwu Timur farmers group adopts SRI with help from PT VALE Indonesia and Yayasan Aliksa Organik.]
July 28, 2015, Ujungpandang Ekspres (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Petani Makarti Jaya pun menatap peluang [Farmers in Makarti Jaya, East Kalimantan, Indonesia increase yields from 3.6 t/ha to 7.2 t/ha with organic SRI.]
July 22, 2015, Kompas (Kalimantan Timur, Indonesia]
- Workshop on achieving self-sufficiency in food grains held at Pragna Bhawan
July 19, 2015, Tripura Infoway (Tripura, India)
- Bihar: Jesuit college students cultivate organic rice to combat food crisis
July 17, 2015, AsiaNews.it (Bihar, India)
- Company educating consumers about benefits of rice
July 9, 2015, Daily Democrat (California, USA)
- Bio slurry pellet method of rice cultivation to increase production
July 7, 2015, The Hindu (Kerala, India)
- Pemkab Gianyar dan Bank Indonesia ingin pecahkan rekor MURI tanam padi [SRI demplot sponsored by Gianyar govt. and Bank Indonesia set a record by having 777 people simultaneously plant SRI fields in Tampaksiring, Gianyar.]
July 7, 2015, Kabar24 (Bali, Indonesia)
[Similar article: Tanam padi di Tampaksiring pecahkan rekor dunia, July 7, 2015, Tribun Bali]
- Africa: IFAD wins 'Best Sustainable Development Practice' award at Expo Milano 2015.
July 6, 2015, allAfrica (re: Madagascar)
- Nepal's quiet green revolution [Mechanised farming and cooperatives are increasing productivity, empowering women..]
July 3-9, 2015, Nepali Times (Nepal)
- 3.6 L Benefit from rural poverty elimination plan [100,000 households benefit from adoption of SRI, line sowing and seed village concept in World Bank TRIPTI program in 10 districts in Odisha, India.]
June 29, 2015, New Indian Express (Odisha, India)
- Hail the humble paddy
June 29, 2015, Kathmandu Post (Nepal)
- GKEL promotes livelihood transformation activities in Mangalpur Panchayat [Power Company in Odisha promotes SRI; 60 SRI farmers last year earned Rs.2000/ extra income per acre of land]
June 27, 2015, OdishaDiary.tv (Odisha, India)
- Sierra Leone news: WAAPP Sierra Leone on sub-regional SRI champions experience sharing in Liberia
June 25, 2015, Awoko (Sierra Leone)
- Nagapattinam farmers get first phase of kuruvai package [SRI to be introduced to save irrigation water]
June 25, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Liberia leading in WAAPP's SRI rice production
June 24, 2015. Daily Observer (Liberia)
- Training on SRI held in Niuland
June 24, 2015, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- 'Liberia spends US$200 yearly on rice importation' - Lawmaker
June 22, 2015, Front Page Africa (Liberia)
- Richmond company educating American consumers about the benefits of rice
June 21, 2015, Contra Costa Times (California, USA)
- “Follow SRI technique in ‘kar’ paddy cultivation”
June 18, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
Irigasi hemat air lonjakkan produktivitas gabah
June 18, 2015, Sinar Harapan (Yoyakarta, Indonesia)
- Rice cultivation method shows the way [SRI methods extended to a number of other crops in India]
June 8, 2015, The Hindu (Odisha, India)
- Agar produktivitas padi naik, petani perlu bangun sistem irigasi hemat air (UGM professor suggests SRI to save water)
June 7, 2015, Bhatariamedia.com (Jogjakarta, Indonesia)
- Rs. 41-cr. package for TN delta farmers [Delta farmers encouraged to take up mechanized transplanters with SRI.]
June 5, 2015, The Hindu (Talangana, India)
- 160-cr compensation for storm-hit farmers [West Bengal opts to promote SRI due to erratic weather]
June 3, 2015, The Stateman (West Bengal, India)
- 4 community-based organisations awarded $35,000 [US African Development Foundation (USADF) awards funds for rice mill for Centre for System of Rice Intensification farmers]
June 3, 2015, The Daily Mail (Zambia)
- Babinsa pantau tanaman program System of Rice Intensification [Military works on extending SRI to 20 ha. in Buayan district, Kebumen Regency, Central Java]
May 30, 2015, Lintas Kebumen (Central Java, Indonesia)
- Odisha readying climate plan for 2015-20 [Odisha's climate change activities, increasing to 4% of budget, stress SRI]
May 28, 2015, Business Standard (Odisha, India)
- Aceh Selatan kembangkan pola tanam padi Intensif [Dept. of Agriculture in Aceh Selatan hopes to promote SRI widely.]
May 27, 2015, Berita Satu (Aceh, Indonesia)
- 30 private actors set to invest in SAGCOT to boost agriculture [Kilombero Plantation Limited (KPL) through System for SRI tripled the average production of 6,500 farmer families and will be 7,700 families by 2015.]
May 26, 2015, IPP Media (Tanzania)
- KVK Mon, Mokokchung train farmers
May 26, 2015, Nagaland Post (Nagaland, India)
- Kharif target set with rain in sight [Ag. Department asked to popularize the SRI.]
May 24, 2015, New Indian Express (Odisha, India)
- Cooperating through BRICS [... SRI "is an example of an easy to disseminate, proven productivity enhancing cropping practice prevalent in some Indian states that must be mapped and shared."]
May 23, 2015, Business World (India)
- Petani Lewa tanam padi dengan pola SRI panen dua kali lipat
May 22, 2015, Pos Kupang (Nusa Tenggara Timur, Indonesia)
- Tanam padi kaedah Sri Lovely
May 22, 2015, Utusan Online (Kaedah, Malaysia)
- Goa's agriculture department gears for Kharif paddy season [Ag. Director expects larger harvest due to SRI expansion.]
May 15, 2015, Times of India (Goa, India)
- Indian agriculture at cross roads: M.S. Swaminathan
May 11, 2015, Business Standard (Chennai, India)
- Pemkab Pesisir Selatan targetkan produksi padi 315.053 ton [Regency govt. in Pesisir Selatan suggest SRI to reach paddy production goals.]
May 10, 2015, BeritaSatu (Sumatera Barat, Indonesia)
- Farmers reap gains from new models (SRI one of four suggested "models' of rice production promoted]
May 7, 2015, Saigon Giai Phong (Vietnam)
- Musim tanam, petani Luwu Timur belajar dari pakar ITB [Luwu Timur Regency Govt. hear about SRI from ITB prof and the NGO Yayasan Aliksa Organik.]
May 7, 2015, Tribun-Timur (Sulawesi Selatan, Indonesia)
- Madagascar: 4 million tons of rice expected be harvested in 2015 [Doubling of rice yield with SRI in the district of Ambohidratrimo contributes to big increase in national rice production.]
May 6, 2015, Indian Ocean Times (Madagascar)
- Lotus Foods helps small rice farmers grow their income with more yields achieved with fewer resources [Lotus Foods imports rice grown with SRI methods from Madagascar, Cambodia and Indonesia to the USA]
May 1, 2015, The Guardian
- Confronting kharif 2015 [SRI could be among the answers to an uncertain monsoon.]
May 1, 2015, Livemint (India)
- How rice farmers in Africa can point us out of California's water crisis
April 30, 2015, Christian Science Monitor (New York, USA)
- Rice intensification helps Ilolo Mpya residents out
April 28, 2015, IPP Media (Tanzania)
- Savanna Agric Institute to enhance rice production
April 28, 2015, GhanaWeb (Ghana)
- IIT researchers turn farmers to change agriculture
April 22, 2015, New Indian Express (West Bengal, India)
- Atelier National de Coordination et d’échange sur la riziculture : L’USAID s’implique pour la promotion du système riziculture intensif au Mali [An SRI workshop, held April 17-18 at CICB in Mali]
April 21, 2015, MaliJet.com (Mali) [Also available on MaliWeb]
- BI Bali tanam padi terapkan teknologi SRI
April 21, 2015, MetroTVNews (Bali, Indonesia)
- Tanzania: System of Rice Intensification - Another milestone in rice production
April 17, 2015, AllAfrica (Tanzania)
- 7 teknologi peningkatan produktivitas padi
April 14, 2015, Jitunews (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Enriching lives of small rice farmers [Natl. WAAPP Nigeria Coordinator says SRI will be undertake in Ebonyi, Niger and Jigawa states, with additional demplots by the NGO GISARDI in Jigawa State.]
April 10, 2015, The Nation (Nigeria)
- Nouveaux modèles agricoles dans le delta du Mékong
April 12, 2015, Le Courrier du Vietnam (Vietnam)
- Stimlasi anggaran untuk suksesnya Upsus
April 8, 2015, Sinartani (Indonesia)
- Memenuhi kebutuhan pangan
March 20, 2015, Koran Jakarta (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Inovasi swasembada beras
March 20, 2015, Suara Perbaruan (Indonesia)
- Ecofarm launches online drive to raise water funds
March 18, 2015, Philippines Daily Inquirer [SRI help group in La Union deal with water problem.]
- Agriculture: Les acteurs se concertent pour booster la productivité de la riziculture en Afrique de l’Ouest
March 17, 2015, Abidjan.net (Abidjan, Côte d'ivoire)
- System of Rice Intensification receives food security prize
March 16, 2015, Cornell Chronicle (New York, USA)
[Chronicle story also carried in BC Food Security Gateway, UN Jobs, Cornell CALS Notes, Sustainable Campus - Cornell]
- System works, but farmers still skeptical [Villagers of Pemathang in Samdrupjongkar gets much higher yield with SRI, but wonder about labor.]
March 16, 2015, Kuensel Online (Bhutan)
- Sustaining food security [Brief mention of SRI's role in raising productivity in Bayes' article on population and climate change affect on food security.]
March 11, 2015, Financial Express (Bangladesh)
- Gerakan tanam padi [The Governor and Ag Dept Head of West Sumatera planted rice with SRI methods in conjunction with effort to raise rice provincial rice production to 3 million tons by 2017.]
March 6, 2015, Antara News (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- PT Vale latih petani Luwu Timur cara bertani ramah lingkungan [The NGO Aliksa Organik SRI trained 50 farmers and 22 extension workers in Luwu Timor Regency of South Sulawesi, Indonesia, in organic SRI methods]
March 5, 2015, Tribun-timur.com (South Sulawesi, Indonesia)
- B’ngir farmer honoured for record yield
February 25, 2015, The Pioneer (Odisha, India)
- World Bank team checks progress of projects [WB check up on the Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernisation and Water Bodies Restoration and Management project, which has a large SRI component.]
February 21, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Petani enggan bertani model SRI [Farmers differ on SRI's advantages]
February 21, 2015, Jateng Pos (Central Java, Indonesia)
- WAAPP collaborates with agric graduates on rice production
February 17, 2015, The Tribune (Nigeria)
- Popularising SRI through competition [Ag. Department is organizing a State-level competition to popularize SRI.]
February 16, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- DAR signs agreement with state universities and colleges [Projects to include adoption of SRI cum palay trading and establishment of organic agricultural supply.]
February 10, 2015, Philippine Information Agency, RP (Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines)
- BKP3 Bantul terus lakukan penyuluhan [SRI among methods recommended by for govt. rice production extension in Bantul Regency.]
February 9, 2015, Kedaulatan Rakyat (Jogjakarta, Indonesia)
- Vedanta's pilot project in Korba increases crop yield by 41% [BALCO's SRI efforts benefit 17 farmers by 41% yield increase in pilot in Korba district.]
February 4, 2015, Newssuperfast (Chhatishgarh, India)
- Albatan, solusi pendongkrak produksi beras [Food Security Agency (BKP3) use "albantan" marking tool for SRI in Bantul Regency.]
February 4, 2015, Kedaulatan Rakyat (Jogjakarta, Indonesia)
- Padangpanjang sudah swasembada pangan [Govt. program to expand rice production in PandanPanjang already uses SRI.]
February 2, 2015, Posmetro Padang (West Sumatera, Indonesia)
- Go organic, reap benefits [Farmer uses organic SRI methods to achieve award-winning 15+ton/ha yield in TN]
January 30, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Cane price: farmers seek government intervention
January 30, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Balasore to cover more area for potato farming [Village agriculture workers (VAWs) in irrigated areas of Balasore encourage farmers to use SRI]
January 25, 2015, New Indian Express (Odisha, India)
- Sivagiri farmer bags award [Erode district farmer wins state-level crop yield competition for 2013-14 with15,325 ton/ha yield using SRI]
January 25, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- Efficient rice farming to curb emissions [Govt. Project on Reduced CH4 Emissions in Wet Rice Cultivation in Viet Nam to use SRI methods]
January 25, 2015, VietnamNet (Vietnam)
- Paddy farmers in Erode expect bumper harvest
January 15, 2015, The Hindu (Tamil Nadu, India)
- NABARD projects 26% rise in lending to Goa’s priority sector [NABARD initiated a special project for improving the paddy productivity through SRI.].
January 9, 2015, The Times of India (Goa, India)
- Funds crunch hits agriculture mission [The restructured NMSA to focus more on organics and innovations like SRI that use less water.]
January 6, 2015, The Hindu (India)
- Diversity crops, Agri Dept told [Odisha Agri Dept. instructed to diversity crops, promote line sowing via SRI and other measure.]
January 6, 2015, New Indian Express (Odisha, India)
- Petani bangkit karena "SRI"
January 4, 2015, Koran Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Uprety, Rajendra. 2015. Better soil management for higher rice yield and sustainable agriculture. Agrilinks blog, Feed the Future website. December 28.
- Nierenberg, Danielle. 2015. Ecological farming practices needed to achieve new climate targets. About Health website. December 14.
- Subramian, Meera. Now, act! Meera Subramian website. December 10. [SRI-Rice suggested as resource for taking action!]
- Nierenberg, Danielle. 2015. The costs and benefits of agriculture. Food Tank website. December 7.
- Uphoff, Norman. 2015. Transcending boundaries to end hunger: The invisible answer under our feet. Olam Group website. December 4.
- 2015. World Bank: 'Times are hard and uncertain' - Senegal adopts climate smart agriculture to mitigate effects of climate change. PreventionWeb website. December 3.
- Offenheiser, Ray. 2015. How to increase resilience in the face of climate change. Devex website. November 30.
- 2015. Natural capital impacts in Agriculture. Trucost website. [Overview of book by the same name that reviews SRI as a case study and finds significant reductions in soil, air and water pollutants can be achieved by adopting SRI, with a reduction in natural capital impact of up to 97 percent, 78 percent and 16 percent respectively.] October 15. [accessed November 30, 2015]
- Renault, Fabrice. 2015. Agro-écologie : l’Inde produit mieux et plus avec moins de pesticides. 21 février. [accessed Nov. 23, 2015]
- Rohleder, Anna. 2015. Running out of food, running out of time. Sustainable Food Trust website. November 20. [Interview with Joel Bourne about his book The End of Plenty: The Race to Feed a Crowded World. He mentions SRI as one of the most scalable models that he has come across in his research.]
- Tegue, Katya. 2015. Changing how rice is farmed one acre at a time. The Concordian website. November 17. [Engineers Without Borders student works on SRI in Ghana]
- Van Herzeele, Elisa. 2015. Experiments with System of Rice Intensification - Lower-Moshi, Tanzania. VECO East Africa website. November 13.
- 2015. 3,000 Ghanaian rice farmers receive support. Footprint to Africa website. November 12.
- 2015. La bataille du riz. African Business, November 4. (Burkina Faso)
- Clavreu, Jean Yves 2015. Commentaires sur Réduire les émissions de méthane pour limiter le dérèglement climatique dès aujourd’hui. November 3. [Comment regarding SRI on an arttcle on methane generation]
- 2015. Harvest in the Philippines. Humanitarian Aid and Development Cooperation (Charita) website. November. [Caritas Czech Republic project in Samar, Philippines, has a successful yield with SRI despite water shortage.]
- Tautonico, Tommaso. 2015. Altromercato: il riso biologico coltivato con metodi sostenibili rispetta l'ambiente. Alternativa Sostenibile website. November 11. (Italian)
- 2015 . 用自然农法从事农业生产能赚钱吗？必须能！(Using natural farming production can make money? You must be able!) Utopia website. October 30. [source: 2013 article in Earth News Network by Jeff Rutherford]
- Nierenberg, Danielle. 2015. Natural Capital Protocol: Valuing ecological farming practices. About health website. October 27. [Nierenberg suggest SRI could cut environmental costs of rice farming in India by 25 percent while simultaneously increasing profits by 18 percent.]
- 2015. Pemerintah dukung penerapan SRI. Kabupaten Luwu Timur website. October 22. (Indonesian)
- Azhari, Faisal. 2015. Prinsip budidaya padi dengan metode SRI (System of Rice Intensification). All About Agriculture blog. October 22. (Indonesia)
- Edmondson, Brad. 2015. Saving basmati and other endangered grains. TriplePundit blog. October 21.
- 2015. Trucost reveals $3 trillion environmental cost of farming. October 15. Trucost website. October 15.
- Edmondson, Brad. 2015. Intensifying rice: More crop per drop, So why stop?TriplePundit blog. October 14.
- Azhari, Faisal. 2015.Hubungan padi SRI dengan padi organik. All About Agriculture blog. October 21. (Indonesia)
- 2015. Thirty-five water conservation methods for agriculture, farming, and gardening: Part 1. Old Farm Photos blog. October 20. [SRI/SCI listed #5 of 35 water conservation methods for agriculture]
- 2015. SRI "System of Rice Intensification." BPTP Jawa Timur website. September 21. [Harvest ceremony for 220 ha. planted with SRI methods in the Regency of Gresik.]
- 2015. Kodim 0711/Pml melaksanakan panen raya di desa Tegalmalati, kec. Petarukan. KODIM 0711/Pemelang website. September 18.
- Bryant, Joy. 2015. It's the most vulnerable who are hit first and worst. Huffington Post: Impact - What's Working blog. September 18.
- 2015. More crop per drop. Lotus Foods website. September 16. [Lotus Foods talks about SRI, which is used to grow rice they import from Cambodia, Madagascar and Indonesia.
- 2015. SRI-LMB Network Newsletter 3:(1) 1-6. June 2015 issue. [accessed October 1, 2015]
- 2015. EXPO 2015: L’ENGIM presenta un metodo innovativo per incrementare la raccolta del riso. ENGIM Internazionale website. September 16. (In Italian) [Exhibition Sept. 14-12 about SRI in Sierra Leone at the EXPO 15 in Milan, Italy]
- Levine, Caryl. 2015. Market incentives for eco-friendly SRI rice production in Cambodia Landscapes for People, Food and Nature website. September 10.
- Islam, Asadul, Chris Barret, and Marcel Fafchamps. 2015. Technology adoption and diffusion: The System of rice intensification and food security in Bangladesh. International Growth Center website. September 7. [Update on a project completed in July 2015.]
- Singh, Gurpreet 2015. Saguna Rice Technique (SRT) as convergence of CA and SRI in Rice based cropping system: An experience from Saguna Baug. Perspectives blog. September 8.
- Hufstader, Chris. 2015. Learning new rice technique inspires growers in Cambodia. Oxfam America website. September 2.
- Bollier, David. 2015. Legal innovations in beating the bounds: Part II of law for the commons. David Bollier blog. September 1. [Example of #2: subsistence commons in the Global South]
- Peace Corps Food Security Team. 2015. Improving rice farming in Madagascar. Peace Corps Passport website. September 1. [Peace Corps Volunteer William Dreyer works with Madagascar farming community to promote SRI.]
- Pascua, Joyce. 2015. Expert discusses viable rice production method in CSC lecture. August 30. [Review of Roberto Verzola's SRI lecture at Cordillera Studies Center, University of the Philippines]
- 2015. More rice, less hunger, fewer greenhouse emissions. Share America website. August 20. [Article about SRI and Norman Uphoff.]
- 2015. Indonesia: Banyuwangi succeeds with new system of rice cultivation. RiceToday. August 10. [A link to the Antara News article about SRI project in this area of East Java.]
- Kulsum, Eniyati. 2015. Mengenal sistem tanam padi organik SRI. Rumah Petani blog. August 17.
- Kulsum, Eniyati. 2015. Kelebihan dan kekurangan SRI. Rumah Petani blog. August 16.
- Bruil, Janneke. 2015. Unlocking the potential of family farmers. Rural Marketing website. August 14. [SRI as an agroecology example for family farms.]
- 2015. Life from ridge to reef. Joby Arandela blog. August 3. [Joby Arandela's journey to move to the Philippines and grow SRI rice for export.]
- 2015. Building resilience of farmers in flood prone Odisha. Oxfam website, featured story section. August 3. [SRI one of the methods used for increasing resilience.]
- KODIM 0709 Kebumen. 2015. Panen padi perdana pengembangan System Of Rice Intensification (SRI). KODIM 0709/Kebumen website. August 3. (Jawa Tengah, Indonesia) [Harvest festival for SRI fields in Kebumen Regency of Central Java, attended by military.]
- Swaminathan, M. S. 2015. Marching toward sustainable agriculture. Business Today - In website, Features section. Aug. 15 edition [accessed July 28, 2015] [brief mention of SRI]
- 2015. Training trainers: ECHO West Africa 2015 Networking Forum. ECHO blog (ECHOnet website). July 23. [Jean Apedoh, Togo, credits ECHO 2010 conference with introducing him to SRI ; he is now a SRI champion in West Africa.]
- Lin, Huizhen. 2015. 減水3成「根」強壯 關渡SRI種稻試驗 為氣候變遷找出路 (Less water and strong "roots": Guandu SRI rice experiment to find a way to climate change). News and Market website. July 22. (Taiwan) [Experts test SRI in Guandu Plain to save water; recent drought in Taiwan stopped irrigation in 44,000 hectares].
- 2015. Students join to cultivate organic rice. India Matters website. July 16.
- 2015. 12 foods that are bad for the planet. Mother Nature Network. July 14.
- Suriani, Luh de. 2015. Beginilah antisipasi ketergantungan pangan di subak kawasan budaya dunia. Mongabay.co.id. July 14. [Largescale SRI planting in subak in Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia.]
- 2015. IFAD receives award for promoting food security at Italy Rice Expo. Oryza website. July 7.
- 2015. Alimentazione sostenibile: premiata IFAD tra le migliori pratiche. Greenstyle website. July 7.
- 2015. Projects by FAO and IFAD among best practices on food security awarded at Expo 2015. Un Expo Milano 2015 website. July 5.
- Nguyen, Kim Ngan. 2015. System of Rice Intensification - A climate change adaptation technique. World Vision website. July 5. [SRI promotion by World Vision CATREND project in two districts of Thanh Hoa Province carried out with Provincial Agricultural Extension Center.]
- 2015. Less is more: Less seed, less water - more rice. IFAD website. July 3. [SRI entry bu IFAD one of 18 winning entries out of over 750 applications. The photo story installation produced by EXPO is currently being showcased in the Pavilion Zero in Milan, Italy.]
- 2015. Nepali rice farmers need appropriate technologies to boost yields, says expert. Oryza website. June 30.
- SRI-LMB. 2015. REGIONAL REVIEW & PLANNING WORKSHOP (02-03 June 2015),. SRI-LMB website. June 2015.
- Qureshi, Yasir. 2015. Promoting SRI in flood affected areas of Kashmir. IGSSS website. June 26. [IGSSS will keep promotion of SRI a key focus area in Baramulla and Bandipora districts of Kashmir.]
- 2015. Humphrey Fellows learn about the Olam Prize and the System of Rice Intensification. In Humphrey Fellows Newsletter 2015. June. [Article is on page 12.]
- Miller, Scott. 2015. Having a field day! Farmers get peek at latest agricultural research. Clemson University Newsstand website. June 12.
- 2015. Government of Liberia needs to empower farmers to boost rice production, says lawmaker. Oryza website. June 23.
- Thansrithong, Boonsong. 2015. Community member spotlight - Fah Mui: Biological S.R.I. rice farmer. ECHO Community website. June 2.
- 2015 Special SEED recognition award. SEED website. May.
- King, Ariana. 2015. The Future of Rice: An Interview with Caryl Levine of Lotus Foods on SRI Initiatives. Food Tank. May 15.
- Reambonanza, Soccorro. 2015. DAR trains farmers in rice intensification. Department of Agrarian Reform website. May 11.
- Francis, Irene. 2015. How the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) is changing lives in India's heartland. the alternative.in magazine. May 4. [ Lotus Foods joined the Business Call to Action (BCtA) with a commitment to increase the incomes of at least 3,000 additional farm households by 2017.]
- Bessarabova, Tatiana. 2015. Lotus Foods: Cultivating markets for sustainably produced rice. CSR News website. May 1.
- Tirkey, Nisha. 2015. The world is flat. DigitalGREEN website. April 30.
- BCtA/UNDP and Lotus Foods. 2015. Lotus Foods: Cultivating markets for sustainably produced rice. UNDP website. April 29.
- Randall, Rebecca. 2015. Has agroecology been hijacked by activists more concerned about anti-GMO purity than sustainability? Genetic Literacy Project website. April 27.
- 2015. El System of Rice Intensification ahora con el premio Olam será un método sobrevalorado. Ruta de Arroz website. April 16.
- 2015. EAP: SRI-Rice talk - Dr. Kan Chun-E "The System of Rice Intensification in Taiwan." Einaudi Center website. April 16.
- Megareta, Nindia. 2015. Teknik budidaya padi methode S.R.I. (System of Rice Intensification). Catatan Nindia blog. April 11. [Indonesian language review of SRI practices]
- DATE??.: Strengthening the capacity for climate change adaptation through sustainable land and water management in Kiroka village, Morogoro (#452). Global Water Partnership website, Case Studies section.
- 2015. Development of operational guideline for conducting demonstration plot of efficient use of irrigation water and low emission of GHG using System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for various condition of rice fields in Indonesia. Global Water Partnership website. April 1.
- 2015. Five questions for IFAD. An original technique for growing rice, that is spreading by word of mouth across Madagascar. Expo Net. April 2.
- Bell, Patrick. 2015. Improving rice production. Sense and Sustainability blog. April 1. [Unfortunately says that there is not enough research about SRI..]
- 2015. 10 storie di resistenza contadina: agricoltori contro multinazionali. GreenBiz.it website. [SRI is one of the ten featured stories in the Italian article.]
- SEACON. 2015. Rice Pre and Postharvest workshop 2015: Sri Lovely Organic Rice Farm. Southeast Asian Council for Food Security and Fair Trade website. March 24.
- 2015. Lessons from Japan: Rebuilding agriculture after disasters. Rappler. March 18.[SRI included as measure to help farmers in Philippines weatherproof.]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification earns food security prize. Gossipler website. March 17. [Gossip site links to the Olam Prize (due to Jim Carrey's support for SRI)!]
- 2015. Agriculture: Les acteurs se concertent pour booster la productivité de la riziculture en Afrique de l’Ouest. March 17. [L’Unité Régionale de Coordination du projet régional “Développement et diffusion à grande échelle du Système de Riziculture Intensive en Afrique de l’Ouest” (SRI) a organisé du 16 au 19 février 2015 à Abidjan-Côte d’Ivoire, un atelier régional du PPAAO/WAAPP.]
- 2015. Game-Changing rice production methodology awarded Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security. Olam website. March 17. [Norman Uphoff, SRI-Rice and the System of Rice Intensification win food security award] -- Other groups/sites citing Olam's press release for the Olam prize: BC Food Security Gateway, World-Grain.com, Eco-business, CSR Wire, Industry Sourcing,]
- Le, Minh. 2015. Food, agriculture and justice: Building a new rice future for people and the planet. Oxfam Politics of Poverty blog. March 16.
- Grover, Sami. 2015. The type of rice you buy matters. Mother Nature Network website. March 10. [Article on Lotus Foods' rices that are grown with SRI methods.]
- 2015. Women farmers in India #MakeItHappen (Part 2). Global Harvest Initiative website. March 8.
- 2015. SRI: An innovative agricultural practice. Solution Innovation Review blog. March 6. [Interview with Norman Uphoff about SRI.]
- 2015. Olam Prize shortlist: The story behind the science of SRI Rice. Farming First website. March 2.
- 2015. Finalists announced for Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security. Olam website. February 27. [SRI/SCI is one of two finalist innovations for this prize by Olam in partnership with the Agropolis Fondation. The winner will be announced on March 16, 2015, at the Global Science Conference for Climate-Smart Agriculture in Montpellier, France]
- 2015. Workshop on training need assessment for grassroot agricultural extension officers. Sustainable Rural Development (SRD) website. February 10.
- Sharma, Devinder. 2015. Bharat Ratna C Subramaniam’s dream of transforming agriculture needs a push. Agrinsight.org website. February 24.
- 2015. A way to minimise agricultural problems in India. India Water Portal. February 24. [Includes link to video about SRI in Chhattishgarh, India.]
- Rus, Jennifer. 2015. Battling climate change in the Himalayas, one woman at a time. Buddhist Global Relief website. February 22. [Buddhist Global Relief-sponsored project in Uttarakhand, India, promotes SRI/SWI.]
- Purohit, Makarand. 2015. A way to minimise agricultural problems in India. India Water Portal. February 24. [Links to a video on SRI in Chhattisgarh, India]
- 2015. Odisha Farmer to receive the Krishi Karman award from Prime Minister Narendra Modi. OdishaDiary. February 17. [Nirakara Dharua, a farmer of Balangir district, will receive the Krishi Karman award for achieving highest paddy production the state of Odisha.] [See similar story in I am in dna of Bhubaneswar website.]
- MOA. 2015. Community of Hope Agriculture Project (CHAP) hosts National Workshop on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Liberia website. February 15. [See similar article by Elvis Sirleaf on the WAAPP website.]
- Besliu, Raluca. 2015.Famine from droughts? Never again, says Calvince Okello. Digital Journal. February 12. [Kenyan social entrepreneur creates M-shamba, a platform using mobile phones, which has reached 6,000 rice farmers to help them adopt SRI.]
- 2015. Impact on nursery seeding density, nitrogen, and seedling age on yield and yield attributes of fine rice - Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research, Vol. 71, No. 3. Bioline News Blog. February 11. [The bioline blog reviews this 2011 article in light of what they read about SRI recently in the Guardian.]
- MacMillan, Andrew. 2015. Going against the grain. Global Food Security blog. February 2. [Scientists and economists should avoid being prisoners of present knowledge, says former FAO agricultural economist Andrew MacMillan.]
- Rodenburg, Jonne. 2014. Creating awareness in Tanzania on labour-saving technologies for weed control in rice. Africa Rising website. Posted December 10. [This article is also carried in Rice Today, vol. 14 no.1) [accessed February 2, 2015]
- McLeod, Samantha. 2015. Rice and water are essential to a gluten free life. The Province blog. February 2.
- Chang, Yu-Chuan. 2015. 寧靜的台灣稻作革命(上)-低投入高產出的強化稻作系統 Taiwan's rice quiet revolution on strengthening ow-input high-yield rice systems strengthening. 台灣強化稻作栽培體系Taiwan-SRI blog. January 31.
- 2015. Vietnam adopts new rice cultivation methods to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Oryza. January 26. [Govt. Project on Reduced CH4 Emissions in Wet Rice Cultivation in Viet Nam to use SRI methods]
- 2015. Kegiatan Pencanangan Gerakan Perbaikan Irigasi (PGPI) tingkat kota Palu dan panen perdana padi S.R.I. KODIM 1306 / Donggala website January 20. [Military activities for irrigation improvement include SRI in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia]
- Sutanto, Emily. 2015. SRI - System of Rice Intensification. Sunria website. [Section about SRI in Sunria's new website. Sunia is an Indonesian company that exports organic fairtrade rice grown with SRI methods to Europe, Asia and the USA.] [accessed January 2015]
- Oxfam. 2015. Challenges remain for Haiti five years after devastating quake. Oxfam America website. January 12, 2015
- Isnani, Intar. 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Kantor Ketahanan Pangan dan Penyuluhan Pertanian Perikanan Kehutanan Kabupaten Kulon Progo website. January 9. [SRI description from the Office of Food Security and Extension for Kulon Progo Regency, Temon district in the the Jogjakarta Special Region, Indonesia]
- Partners Relief and Development. 2015. 5 days of thank you - Sustainable rice farming. Partners World blog. [71 farmers took place in Partners SRI training in Shan State, Burma.]
- SRI-Mas. 2015. Southeast Asia Regional SRI Conference. SRI-Mas website.
Latest Research / Journal Articles / Theses - acquired during 2015
(in order of acquisition. See also complete alphabetized list of journal articles.)
- Red dot (•) indicates article is freely available
- Sangeetha, C., A. Velayutham, N. Thavaprakaash, et al. 2015. Crop establishment and weed management effects on rice productivity and weed dynamics. Indian Journal of Weed Science 47(1): 6–10. [accessed December 27, 2015]
- Sharma, Vikas, A.S. Bali, and Dileep Kachroo. 2015. Effect of different establishment methods and sowing schedules on growth and yield of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa) and their after effects on succeeding wheat (Triticum aestivum) in rice-wheat cropping system. Economic Affairs 60(3): 563-568. doi:10.5958/0976-4666.2015.00079.0. [accessed December 27, 2015]
- • Kumar, Sunil, K. K. Sinha, and D. Singh. 2015. Crop establishment, fertility and weed management practices in scented in hybrid rice. Indian Journal of Weed Science 47(2): 113–116. [accessed December 27, 2015]
- Ganapathi, D., and A. Surendra Kumar. 2015. Design, development and field evaluation of manually operated rice transplanter for System of Rice Intensification. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment and Biotechnology 8(3): 735. doi:10.5958/2230-732X.2015.00081.9. [accessed December 27, 2015]
- Kumar, J. Narendra, K. Bala Venkatesh, S. Mithun, et al. 2015. Design and fabrication of rice transplanter adopting System of Rice Intensification (SRI) technique. Applied Mechanics and Materials 813-814: 983–986. doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.813-814.983. [accessed December 27, 2015]
- • Ros, Chhay, Peter F. White, and Richard W. Bell. 2015. Nursery fertilizer application increases rice growth and yield in rainfed lowlands with or without post-transplanting crop stress. American Journal of Plant Sciences 6(18): 2878-2892. doi:10.4236/ajps.2015.618285.[accessed December 27, 2015]
- • Sen, Debashish. 2015. How smallholder farmers in Uttarakhand reworked the System of Rice Intensification: Innovations from sociotechnical interactions in fields and villages. Wageningen University and Research Center (WUR), School of Social Sciences. (188p. pdf)
- • Rana, Sadhana. 2015. Transforming livelihood through innovative agricultural reform: An insight into the adoption of system of rice intensification (SRI) in Nepal. Master thesis, Norwegian University of Life Sciences. [accessed December 7, 2015]
- Thakur, Amod K , Norman T. Uphoff, Willem A. Stop. 2015. Scientific underpinnings of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI): What is known so far? Advances in Agronomy (in press) doi:10.1016/bs.agron.2015.09.004 [accessed December 7, 2015]
- Bhatt, K. N. 2015. System of Rice Intensification for increased productivity and ecological security: A report. Journal of Rice Research 3(4): 147. doi:10.4172/2375-4338.1000147 [accessed November 1, 2015]
- • Surekha, K., R. Mahender Kumar, and Ch. Padmavathi. 2015. Evaluation of crop establishment methods for their productivity, nutrient uptake and use efficiency under rice-rice system. Journal of Rice Research 8(1): 41–47. [accessed November 1, 2015]
- Ray, Plabita, and T. Barik. 2015. Effect of fertility, genotypes and spacing on yield and soil properties of rice under SRI during dry season in coastal Odisha. Advance Research Journal of Crop Improvement 6(1):
- Pandey, Pragya, Trilochan Barik, and Sahaja Deva. 2015. Effect of planting of geometry and timing and source of nitrogen application on growth attributing characters and yield of rice (Oryza Sativa L.) under System of Rice Intensification (SRI). Advance Research Journal of Crop Improvement 6(1): [accessed November 1, 2015]
- • Chakrabortty, Sudip, S. Islam, P. K. Biswas, et al. 2015. Response of seedling age to growth and yield of boro rice (BRRI Dhan 50) under SRI. International Journal of Business, Social, and Scientific Research 3(2): 97-101. [accessed November 1, 2015]
- • Ravichandran, V. K., Vibhu Nayar, and K. C. Prakash. 2015. An evaluation of the SRI on increasing yield, water productivity and profitability; experiences from TN-IAMWARM project. Irrigation & Drainage Systems Engineering 4(2): 1–6. doi:10.4172/2168-9768.1000137 [accessed Oct. 30, 2015]
- Prasanna, Radha, Anurup Adak, Shikha Verma, et al. 2015. Cyanobacterial inoculation in rice grown under flooded and SRI modes of cultivation elicits differential effects on plant growth and nutrient dynamics. Ecological Engineering 84(2015): 532–41. doi:10.1016/j.ecoleng.2015.09.033. [accessed October 30, 2015]
- Dhar, Shiva, B. C. Barah, A. K. Vyas, and Norman Uphoff. 2015. Comparing System of Wheat Intensification (SWI) with standard recommended practices in the north-western plain zone of India. Archives of Agronomy and Soil Science (September 29, 2015). • doi:10.1080/03650340.2015.1101518. [accessed October 16, 2015]
- Nirala, Y. S., C. M. Sahu, S. K. Ghirtlahre, et al. 2015. Studies on the seasonal incidence of leaf folder, Cnaphalocrocis medinalis guenee in midland SRI and normal transplanted rice ecosystem. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture 33(2): 547–51. [accessed October 16, 2015]
- Alam, Md., Wahidul K. Biswas, and Richard W. Bell. 2015. Greenhouse gas implications of novel and conventional rice production technologies in the Eastern-Gangetic plains.” Journal of Cleaner Production 2015. doi:10.1016/j.jclepro.2015.09.071. [accessed October 16, 2015]
- Subhash, Babu, Singh Raghavendra, R. K. Avasthe, et al. 2015. Effect of organic nitrogen sources on growth, yield, quality, water productivity and economics of rice (Oryza sativa L.) under different planting methods in mid-hills of Sikkim Himalayas. Research in Crops 16(3): 389–400. doi:10.5958/2348-7542.2015.00054.6. [accessed October 16, 2015]
- • Chaudhari, P. R., A. P. Patel, V. P. Patel, et al. 2015. Effect of age of seedlings and fertilizer management on yield, nutrient content and uptake of rice (Oryza sativa L.). The Bioscan 10(1): 351–53. [accessed October 16, 2015]
- • Chhogyal, Ngawang, Cheku Dorji, et al. 2014. Assessing potential of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) principles in sustainable rice production. Journal of Renewable Natural Resources Bhutan 10: 19-26. [accessed October 26, 2015]
- • Bashar, Zubairu Usman, Aimrun Wayayok, M. S. M. Amin, and Mohammad Razif Mahadi. 2015. Single seedling nursery tray: An innovative breakthrough to quality seedling raising technique for SRI transplanting machine. Research Journal of Applied Sciences, Engineering and Technology 10(11): 1258-1265.
- • Abu Bakar, Rosenani, Zahidah Abdul Razak, et al. 2015. Influence of oil palm empty fruit bunch biochar on floodwater pH and yield components of rice cultivated on acid sulphate soil under rice intensification practices. Plant Production Science 18(4): 491-500. doi:10.1626/pps.18.491 [accessed Sept. 28, 2015]
- Nath, S. K., L. Soren, S. K. Sahoo, D. K. Mohanty, and K. C. Barik. 2015. Performance of different rice (Oryza Sativa) transplanting methods in farmer’s field under plateau eco-system of Odisha. Environment and Ecology 33(3a): 1214–1217. [accessed September 2015]
- • Kunnathadi, Musthafa, C. T. Abraham, C. George Thomas, and T. Girija. 2015. Comparative evaluation of SRI with conventional system in the irrigated rice tracts of Kerala. Journal of Tropical Agriculture 53(1): 8–16. [accessed September 2015]
- • Shahane, Amit A., Yudh Vir Singh, Dinesh Kumar, et al. 2015. Effect of planting methods and cyanobacterial inoculants on yield, water productivity and economics of rice cultivation. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics (JARTS) 116(2): 107-121. [accessed Sept. 18, 2015]
- Mandala, S., Somnath Roy, et al. 2015. Energy efficiency and economics of rice cultivation systems under subtropical Eastern Himalaya. Energy for Sustainable Development 28: 115-121. doi:10.1016/j.esd.2015.08.002 [accessed August 2015]
- • Sowmya, Ch. and M. Venkata Ramana. 2015. Performance of hybrids/high yielding varieties and nutrient management in System of Rice Intensification: A review. Agricultural Reviews 33(1): 1-15. [accessed August 2015]
- • Palanisami, K., D. Suresh Kumar, R. P. S. Malik, et al. 2015. Managing water management research: analysis of four decades of research and outreach programmes in India. Economic and Political Weekly 1(26-27): 33-43. [accessed August 2015]
- • Chen, Shih-Kai, Cheng-Shin Jang, and Cheng-Bin Tsai. 2015. Assessing the changes of groundwater recharge / irrigation water use between SRI and traditional irrigation schemes in Central Taiwan. Presentation at the EGU General Assembly 2015, April 12-17, Vienna, Austria. (abstract only). [accessed August 2015]
- • Jana, Kalyan, G. K. Mallick, S. Ghosh, and G. Sardar. 2015. Study on yield potentiality and spatial requirement of rice varieties (Oryza sativa L.) in system of rice intensification (SRI) under red and laterite zone of West Bengal, India. Journal of Applied and Natural Science 7(1): 353-357. [accessed August 2015]
- • Loukes, Keira. 2015. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI): Complicating the global narrative. Master's thesis. Queen's University. (138p., 15.18MB pdf) [An exploratory, qualitative study based on fieldwork in Nepal’s Tera.] [accessed August 14, 2015]
- • Sutton, Claire. 2015. Impact of management on soil fertility and rice yields in smallholder farms in Tanzania. Master's thesis, The Ohio State University. (107 p. pdf) [Considers both SRI and Conservation Agriculture in the context of sustainable land management in Tanzania.] [accessed August 14, 2015]
- Thakur, Amod K., Rajeeb K. Mohanty, Rajbir Singh, and Dhiraj U. Patil. 2015. Enhancing water and cropping productivity through Integrated System of Rice Intensification (ISRI) with aquaculture and horticulture under rainfed conditions. Agricultural Water Management 161: 65-76. doi:10.1016/j.agwat.2015.07.008
- • Veeraputhiran, R., R. Balasubramanian, and B.J. Pandian. 2014. Effect of mechanical weeding in System of Rice Intensification and its adoption. Indian Journal of Weed Science 46(4): 383-385. [accessed August 4, 2015]
- Dass, Anchal, Ramanjit Kaur, et al. 2015. System of rice (Oryza sativa) intensification for higher productivity and resource use efficiency – A review. Indian Journal of Agronomy 60(1): 1-19. [accessed August 4, 2015]
- • Narbaria, Sunil, M. L. Sharma, et al. 2015. System of Rice Intensification technology: An analysis of constraints perceived by the farmers in adoption of SRI technology. Plant Archives 15(1): 159-162. [accessed July 31, 2015]
- • Alem, Yonas, Håkan Eggert, and Remidius Ruhinduka. Improving yield through climate-friendly agriculture: The case of the System of Rice Intensification. Paper presented at the 13th International Conference on the Ethiopian Economy, Addis Ababa, July 23 - 25. [accessed July 31, 2015]
- Ghosh, Biswajit, and Namita Chakma. 2015. Impacts of rice intensification system on two C. D. blocks of Barddhaman district, West Bengal. Current Science 109(2): 342-346. [accessed July 31, 2015]
- Ches, Sophy, and Eiji Yamaj. 2015. Labor requirements of system of rice intensification (SRI) in Cambodia. Paddy and Water Environment (Springer Link online first, July 2015) doi:10.1007/s10333-015-0503-1 [accessed July 22, 2015]
- • Bokaria, Kanta. 2015. Importance of System of Rice Intensification method for mitigation of arsenic in rice. International Journal of Advanced Research 3(5): 1398-1409. [accessed July 22, 2015]
- • Jana, Kalyan, G. K. Mallick, S. Ghosh, and G. Sarda. 2015. Study on yield potentiality and spatial requirement of rice varieties (Oryza sativa L.) in system of rice intensification (SRI) under red and laterite zone of West Bengal, India. Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences 7 (1) : 353-357. [accessed June 30, 2015]
- Uphoff, Norman. 2014. Systems thinking on intensification and sustainability: systems boundaries, processes and dimensions. Current opinion in environmental sustainability 8: 89-100. doi:10.1016/j.cosust.2014.10.010 [accessed June 30, 2015]
- Doni, Febri, Norela Sulaiman, Anizan Isahak, et al. 2015. Impact of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) on Paddy Field Ecosystem: Case Study in Ledang, Johore, Malaysia. Journal of Pure and Applied Microbiology 9(2), p. 927-933. [accessed June 30, 2015]
- Ofori, Johnson K., Cephas Bosrotsi, and Joseph Otoo. 2015. Optimal allocation of irrigation water for rice production in Ghana - Case study: Kpong Irrigation Project (KIP). International Journal of Interdisciplinary Research and Innovations 3(1): 25-30. [accessed June 8, 2015]
- Ravichandran, V. K., and K. C. Prakash. 2015. Socio-economic impact of system of rice intensification (SRI) and traditional rice cultivation in Villupuram district of Tamil Nadu: experiences from TN-IAMWARM Project. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 11(1): 166-171. doi:0.15740/HAS/IJAS/11.1/166-171 [accessed June 1, 2015]
- Rajendran, K. and V. Ganesa Raja. 2015. Effect of system rice intensification on microbial population, nutrient status, growth and yield of rice. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 11(1): 24-29. doi:10.15740/HAS/IJAS/11.1/24-29 [accessed May 31, 2015]
- Kumari, C. Radha, P. Lakshmi Reddy, and M. John Sudheer. 2015. Evaluation of system of rice intensification (SRI) in farmers fields of Anantapuram district of Andhra Pradesh. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 11(1): 73–76. doi:10.15740/HAS/IJAS/11.1/73-76 [accessed May 31, 2015]
- • Chadhar, Asim Raza. 2014. Weed management studies in System of Rice Intensification (SRI). PhD dissertation, University of Agriculture, Faisalabad, Pakistan. [accessed May 31, 2015]
- Wu, Wei, Baoluo Ma, and Norman Uphoff. 2015. A review of the system of rice intensification in China. Plant Soil (March 2015, in press): 1-21. doi: 10.1007/s11104-015-2440-6
- • Durga, K. Kanaka, P. Sambasiva Rao, P, and K. Raju. 2015. Effect of seedling age and spacing schedule on the productivity and quality traits of rice under system of rice intensification (SRI). Journal of Cereals and Oilseeds 6(3): 15-19. [accessed Apr. 28, 2015]
- Mohandas, S., M. Naveen Saviour, and B. J. Pandian. 2015. Performance of SRI under different N sources in sandy loam soils of Agniyar sub-basin, India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research 49(2): 170-174. doi:10.5958/0976-058X.2015.00025.6
- • Ahmed, A. R., B. K. Dutta and D. C. Ray. 2015. Response of some rice varieties to different crop management practices towards morphological and yield parameters. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications 5(2): 6p.
- Wu, Wei, Jianliang Huang, Farooq Shah, and Norman Uphoff. 2015. Evaluation of System of Rice Intensification methods applied in the double rice-cropping system in Central China. Advances in Agronomy (online 20 March 2015, in press). doi:10.1016/bs.agron.2015.01.002
- • Mohammed, U., W. Aimrun, M. S. M. Amin, A. Khalina, and U. B. Zubairu. 2015. Influence of soil cover on moisture content and weed suppression under system of rice intensification (SRI). Paddy and Water Environment (SpringerLink early edition March 2015).
- Chang, Yu-Chuan, Norman T. Uphoff, and Eiji Yamaji. 2015. A conceptual framework for eco-friendly paddy farming in Taiwan, based on experimentation with System of Rice Intensification (SRI) methodology. Paddy and Water Environment (Online First March 2015): 1-15.
- • Kahimba, F. C., E. E. Kombe, and H. F. Mahoo. 2014. The potential of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) to increase rice water productivity: a case of Mkindo irrigation scheme in Morogoro region, Tanzania. Tanzania Journal of Agricultural Sciences 12(2): 10-19.
- Srivastava, V. K., J. K. Singh, J. S. Bohra, and S. P. Singh. 2014. Effect of fertilizer levels and organic sources of nitrogen on production potential of hybrid rice (Oryza sativa) and soil properties under system of rice intensification. Indian Journal of Agronomy 59(4): 607-612. [accessed Feb. 28, 2015]
- • Hassan, D. and R. R. Upasani. 2015. Effect of crop establishment and weed control methods on productivity of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Journal of Crop and Weed 11 (special issue): 228-230. [accessed Feb. 28, 2015]
- Babu, Subhash, Raghavendra Singh, et al. 2014. Production potential, economics and energetics of rice (Oryza sativa) genotypes under different methods of production in organic management conditions of Sikkim Himalayas. Indian Journal of Agronomy 59(4): 602-606. [accessed Feb. 28, 2015]
- Chaudhary, S.K., Shiveshwar Pratap Singh, Y. Singh, and Dharminde. 2014. Influence of integrated use of fertilizers and manures on SRI grown rice (Oryza sativa) and their residual effect on succeeding wheat (Triticum aestivum) in calcareous soil. Indian Journal of Agronomy 59(4): 527-533 [accessed Feb. 28, 2015]
- • Haque, Muhammed Maksudul, Ratna Rani Majumder, Tapas Kumer Hore, and Md. Romel Biswash. 2015. Yield contributing characters effect of submerged water levels of boro Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Scientia Agriculturae 9(1): 23-29. doi:110.15192/PSC P.SA.201 184.108.40.2069 [accessed Feb. 13, 2015]
- Mohanty, Tushar Ranjan, Swapan Kumar Maity and Pravat Kumar Roul. 2015. Response of rice to establishment methods and nutrient management practices in medium land. ORYZA- An International Journal on Rice 51(2): 136-142. [accessed Feb. 13, 2015]
- Palanisami, Kuppanan, Krishna Reddy Kakumanu, C. R. Ranganathan, and Nagothu Udaya Sekhar. 2015. Farm-level cost of adaptation and expected cost of uncertainty associated with climate change impacts in major river basins in India. International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management 7(1): 76-96. doi:10.1108/IJCCSM-04-2013-0059 [accessed Feb.13, 2015]
- • Verma, Anil K., N. Pandey, and G. K. Shrivastava. 2014. Production potential and economics of hybrid rice under System of Rice Intensification and its manipulation. SAARC Journal of Agriculture 12(2): 71-78. [accessed Feb. 15, 2015]
- • Prasad, C. Shambu. 2015. A green economy of permanence: Innovation insights from grassroots knowledge. International Journal on Green Growth and Development 1(1): 53-36. [accessed Feb. 15, 2015]
- Roy, Shyamashree, P. S. Bisht, P. C. Pandey, et al. 2015. Assessment of age of seedling and weed management practices on rice yield under System of Rice Intensification. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences India Section B: Biological Sciences pp. 1-7. doi:10.1007/s40011-015-0487-z [accessed Feb. 15, 2015]
- • Karhale, S. S., S. P. Lambe, and P. S. Neharkar. 2015. Mechanical weed control by conoweeder in SRI method of paddy production. International Journal of Advance Research in Science and Engineering 4(2): 744-752. [accessed Feb. 10, 2015]
- Ram, Hardev, J .P. Singh, J.S. Bohra, A. S. Yadav, and J. M Sutaliya. 2015. Assessment of productivity, profitability and quality of rice (Oryza sativa) under System of Rice Intensification in eastern Uttar Pradesh. The Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 85(1): 38-42.
- Dass, Anchal, Subhash Chandra, Anil K. Choudhary, et al. 2015. Influence of field re-ponding pattern and plant spacing on rice root-shoot characteristics, yield, and water productivity of two modern cultivars under SRI management in Indian Mollisols. Paddy and Water Environment 13(1): 1-15. doi:10.1007/s10333-015-0477-z [accessed Feb. 1, 2015]
- • Kushwaha, K. S., and A. K. Rai. 2014. Use of ANCOVA technique for inbred and hybrid rice under SRI and conventional planting methods. Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwa Vidyalaya Research Journal 48(3): 359-366. [accessed Jan. 25, 2015]
- • Borole, Pravin Y., Mahesh R. Patel, and Arun Patel. 2014. Development of scale to measure attitude of demonstrated paddy growers towards the SRI technique. Gujarat Journal of Extension Education 25(2): 163-165. [accessed Jan. 25, 2015]
- S., Alagappan, and Venkitaswamy R. 2015. Performance of different sources of organic manures in comparison with RDF and INM on growth, yield and economics of rice-greengram cropping system. Trends in Biosciences 7(22): 3597–3605. [accessed Jan. 25, 2015]
- • Talla, Arunbabu, and Satya Nanda Jena. 2014. Nutrient composition, uptake by weeds and rice under different crop establishment and weed management practices. International Journal of Agriculture, Environment & Biotechnology 7(4): 811-816. doi:10.5958/2230-732X.2014.01391.6 [accessed Jan. 10, 2015]
- Jeyapandiyan, N., and A. Lakshmanan. 2014. Yield comparison of rice in different cultivation systems. Trends in Biosciences 7(14): 1635-1637 [accessed Jan. 10, 2015]
- • Tusekelege, H. K., R. J. Kangile, H. S. Ng’ elenge, et al. 2014. Option for increasing rice yields, profitability, and water saving: a comparative analysis of System of Rice Intensification in Morogoro, Tanzania. International Journal of Recent Biotechnology 2(1): 4-10. [accessed Jan. 10, 2015]
- • Sigdel, Udit P., Durga Devkota, Narayan R. Joshi, et al. 2014. Impact of result demonstration of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) adoption among participant and non-participant farmers in Chitwan, Nepal. International Journal of Agricultural Extension 2(3): 153-158 [accessed Jan 10., 2015]
- Patel, K. M., and M. M. Patel. 2014. Weed management in rice (Oryza sativa L.) under System of Rice Intensification technique. Trends in Biosciences 7(5): 384-387 [accessed Jan. 2, 2015]
- Plabita, R., and R. K. Raj. 2014. Extent of adoption of practices under System of Rice Intensification in Odisha. ORYZA- An International Journal on Rice 51(1): 81-85 [accessed Jan 2, 2015]
- Ochienno, Judith Taaka. 2014. Influence of communication on adoption of agricultural innovation: A case of the System of Rice Intensification in Mwea irrigation scheme. Master’s Thesis, University of Nairobi, Kenya. (67p. 394 KB pdf)
- Mohanty, D. K., K. C. Barik, and D. Behera. 2014. Comparative performance of different rice establishment methods for sustainable rice production in Deogarh district of Odisha. Agricultural Engineering Today 38(3): 5-9 [accessed Jan 2, 2015]
New Links from our Website to Online Publications (and SRI-Related Social Media) (2015)
(see also Latest Research directly above and Recent Uploads below for new material on our
- TEEB. 2015. TEEB for agriculture and food: An Interim report. The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity office (TEEB), United Nations Environment Programme, Geneva, Switzerland. (100p. pdf) [see box on p.76 for SRI comparison][accessed December 15, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification training manual for extension workers and farmers. Ministry of Agriculture Food Security and Cooperatives, Tanzania. SRI West Africa website. June 2015. (38p. pdf) [accessed December 9, 2015]
- Wulandari, Metta, and Willy. 2015. Membina Desa Mandiri pangan. Dunia Tzu Chi 15(3): 21-35. [An article in Tzu Chi Yayasan Buddha Tzu Chi's Indonesian language magazine. The part on SRI is on pp. 27-34 and is about the village of Bilayuk, Hulu, Landak Regency in West Kalimantan Province of Indonesia.]
- FAO. 2015. "Rice farming - India: System of Rice Intensification vs. conventional." In Natural Capital Impacts in Agriculture: Supporting Better Business Decision-Making, pp. 59-63. FAO website. June 2015. [accessed December 7, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) volunteer handbook - Peace Corps publication no. M0118V July 2015. (Peace Corps libguides website) (62p pdf) [Produced by the Peace Corps with funding from the Feed the Future program through the USAID Bureau for Food Security].
- 2015. SRI-LMB Newsletter 3(2): 1-7. [A publication by the System of Rice Intensification - Lower Mekong River Basin Project operating in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam.] [accessed Nov. 30, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification in Mali. Agroecology Case Studies. Oakland Institute website. November. [Co-published by the Institute and the Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa (AFSA).]
- Kajiru, Geoffrey, et al. 2012. Adopting improved rice production practices introduced by EAAPP changes farmers’ lives: The case of Nyatwali Rice Irrigation Scheme, Bunda District, Mara Region. EAAPP-RRCoE Success Story Series 1(1):1-4. e-rails website. [A 2012 document describing results of Igembensabo Irrigation Farmer Group in Tanzania, who tried SRI - introduced by the Eastern Africa Agricultural Productivity Program (EAAPP), enabling them to increase rice yields.] [accessed September 24, 2015]
- SRI-WAAPP. 2015. Summary Report: Regional training workshop on ARC/GIS and mobile data collection using 'Survey 123' for the SRI-WAAPP project - Dakar, 3-6 August, 2015. SRI West Africa website. [accessed September 2015]
- Castella, Jean-Christophe, and Jean-François Kibler. 2015. Towards an agroecological transition in Southeast Asia: Cultivating diversity and developing synergies. GRET, Vientiane, Lao PDR. (online on the Horizon/IRD website). June. (98p. pdf) [A document for the French NGO GRET. There is a section on SRI.]
- 2015. SRI Daloa. Public group on Facebook. April. [accessed August 31, 2015]
- 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) A farmer’s sure way to rice farming and high crop yields. It's Wild (COMACO) website. 2p. [A step-by-step guide for SRI techniques adapted for floodplains and Dambo basin in the Community Marketers for Conservation (COMACO) project area in Zambia.]
- 2015. Sri Lovely - Lembah Organik Kampung Lintang. Facebook Farming Community. [accessed July 2015]
- 2015. Nepal SRI Network. Twiiter. [accessed July 2015]
- 2015. Nepal SRI Community. Facebook. [accessed June 24, 2015]
- CODEGAZ. 2015. 2014 agro-nutrition and energy report. SRI Afrique Ouest website. [accessed June 2015]
- Reddy, P. Bala Hussain, S. Sreenivasulu and C. Manohar. 2015. Direct seeding in rice using drum seeder. FlipHTML5 website. June 3.
- Verzola, Roberto. 2015. SRI advocacy in the Philippines: A case study. Ecology, technology and social change website. May.
- Perluasan dan Pengelolaan Lahan. 2014. Pedoman Teknis Pengembangan System of Rice Intensification TA 2014. Indonesian Ministry of Agriculture website.(101p. pdf) [access March 26, 2015]
- McCabe, Coco. 2015. The best rice is local rice. Oxfam CloseUp 15(1)12-13 (winter edition).
- Akiyoko, Antonin O. 2014. Rapport de l’atelier de formation des producteurs pour la mise en place et la conduite des parcelles de demonstration sur le SRI dans la Vallée de l’Ouémé. (French language report of a training by ProCAD/WAAPP-Benin held in Dangbo, Benin, November 12-14, 2014). [accessed January, 2015]
- RRA Network Malkangiri. 2014. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) with the rainfed tribal farmers of Malkangiri. WASSAN website. (8p. pdf) [accessed Jan 2, 2015]
- SRI-Rice web pages updated during December: 2015, main page, about us, events, SRI-Rice news, donation page, publications, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Colombia, Cuba, Ghana, Indonesia, Mali, Mali archives, Nepal, Philippines, Senegal, Tanzania, Vietnam, theses, journals, India general articles, India journal, India videos, events, Spanish, videos
- 2015. Grow more with less: A project to adapt, valid and promotion SRI in the Americas as a response to climate change. New page on the SRI-Rice website. [Uploaded December 15]
- IICA and Instituto Banco Mudial. 2015. SICA - Logrando mas con menos: Kit herramientos (multimedia). SRI-Rice website (8p., 8.69MB pdf) [Spanish language brochure accompanying multimedia kit produced by the World Bank Institute and updated by the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA)] [uploaded December 15, 2015]
- IICA. 2015. Grow more with less: Adaptation, validation and promotion of SRI in the Americas as a response to climate change. SRI-Rice website. (23KB pdf) [A project by a consortium of partners including the Dominican Institute of Agricultural and Forestry Research (IDIAF), the Dominican Council of Agricultural and Forestry Research (CONIAF), the National Federation of Rice Producers (FEDEARROZ-FNA) and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), will be executing a project to validate the System of Rice Intensification - Grow more with less: A project to adapt, valid and promotion SRI in the Americas as a response to climate change (SRI) in the Dominican Republic and Colombia with financial support from the Regional Fund for Agricultural Technology (FONTAGRO).]
- IICA. 2015. Cultivar más con menos: adaptación, validación y promoción del SICA en las Américas como respuesta al cambio climático. SRI-Rice website (2p. 271 KB pdf) [Un consorcio de socios estratégicos, que incluye el Instituto Dominicano de Investigaciones Agropecuarias y Forestales (IDIAF), el Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Agropecuarias y Forestales (CONIAF), la Federación Nacional de Arroceros (FEDEARROZ) y el Instituto Interamericano de Cooperación para la Agricultura (IICA), está ejecutando un proyecto para Parcelas bajo el SICA en República Dominicana. Fot. de Juan Arthur, IICA. Este programa es financiado por FONTAGRO y por el Fondo para el Medio Ambiente Mundial validar el SICA en ALC, con el apoyo financiero del Fondo Regional de Tecnología Agropecuaria (FONTAGRO).] [uploaded December 2015]
- Arandela, Joby. 2015. SRI presented at National Organic Agriculture Congress in Bacolod City. SRI-Rice website. (2p. 61KB pdf) [uploaded December 2015]
- IICA. 2015. Evaporates técnicos por SRI - Sistema Intensivo del Cultivo de Arroz. Aportes técnicos, October. SRI-Rice website. (2p., 1.58MB pdf) [Technical bulletin produced in association with SRI Global, SRI-Rice, IICA, FEDEARROZ, IDIAF, and CONIAF] [uploaded December 2015]
- Fisher, Lucy. 2015. Monthly additions to the SRI-Rice website. (July, August, September, October, November) New pages on the SRI-Rice website. [uploaded monthly]
- 2015. A brief report on the National SRI Network Nepal. SRI-Rice website. July. (10p, 100 kb pdf). [Minutes of the meeting to reorganize the National SRI Network of Nepal].
- Fieshi, Julius. 2015. Report on harvest evaluations for two farmers in Ndop, Cameroon, January 1, 2015. SRI-Rice website. January 1. [uploaded July 23, 2015]
- Husain, Muazzam. 2015. SRI National Network Bangladesh update of SRI progress in Bangladesh (April 2015). SRI-Rice website. April 30. [Report on the past 15 years of progress of SRI in Bangladesh by the Coordinator of the SRI National Network Bangladesh (SRI NBB)].
- Uphoff, Norman T. 2015. Publications by Norman Uphoff on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI). SRI-Rice website. (6p., 394KB pdf) [Bibliographic listing of Norman Uphoff research and general articles, book chapters and and other selected writings about SRI]
- Ginigaddara, G.A.S. 2015. Location specific adoption of System of Rice Intensification - Anuradhapura District, Sri Lanka. SRI-Rice website. (68p., 29.8MB pdf) (see also smaller size document, 23MB)
- 2015. SRI - The System of Rice Intensification. SRI-Rice website. [Leaflet about SRI in Sri Lanka produced by Oxfam Australia]
- Bhatt, K. N. 2015. National Consultation on System of Rice Intensification for Increased Productivity and Ecological Security at G.B. Pant Social Science Institute, Allahabad, April 6-7, 2015. SRI-Rice website. March 26. (3p. pdf) [Explanation of the National Consultation on SRI for Increased Productivity and Ecological Security, held in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India.]
- Guindo, Hamidou. 2015. Vulgarisation du Systeme de Riziculture Intensif (SRI) dans les Communes de Djaptodji et Douentza dan le Cercle de Douentza (Region Mo Pti) - Campagne Agricole 2014-2015. SRI-Rice website. March 2. (8p., 600KB pdf) [French language final report on an SRI project near Douentza, Mali. The project was a grant from SRI Global , Inc., which was granted the NGO 3A-Sahel with funding from the Bridging Peace Foundation.]
- Guindo, Hamidou. 2015. Final Report, Grant to 3A - Sahel from SRI Global Inc- 2014. SRI-Rice website. February. [English translation from French by Edward Baxter.]
- Oxfam and SRI-Rice. 2015. Workshop Summary: Workshop on Building Alliances around SRI and Agro-ecology. SRI-Rice website. The workshop, which preceded the 4th International Rice Congress, was organized by Oxfam and SRI-Rice, at the Maple Hotel, Bangna, Bangkok, Thailand, on October 27-28, 2014. Fifty-one participants from 16 countries attended.]
- 2015. SRI Events in Thailand: October & November. SRI-Rice website. [created January 2015]
- Ministere de l'Agriculture et de l'Elevage. 2015. Fiche technique harmonisee pour la riziculture au Burundi. SRI-Rice website. [Extension material for farmers in Burundi published by the Ministry of Agriculture.] [uploaded Jan. 19, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. Studies on SRI management and impacts - Reports from 19 countries. SRI-Rice website. (2p., 469KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.] [Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. SRI's impact for farmers and their families - Reports from around the world. SRI-Rice website. (2p., 462KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.] [Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. The System of Rice Intensification and its impacts on women. SRI-Rice website. (4p., 532KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.] [Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. Scientific research documenting and explaining SRI. SRI-Rice website. (3p., 419KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.][Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. SRI: Sources of institutional support. SRI-Rice website. (2p., 247KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.] [Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- SRI-Rice. 2014. The System of Rice Intensification (SRI)…... is climate-smart rice production. (2p., 371KB pdf) [Handout at the SRI booth at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok Thailand, Oct. 27-Nov. 1, 2014.][Uploaded January 5, 2015]
- Adhikari, Prabhakar. 2014. Pragati, Koraput experiences in System of Ragi Intensification. SRI-Rice website. (12p., 2.23 MB pdf) [Pragati's 2014 experiences with Ragi Intensification, which reached 1,215 farmers on 824 acres in Koraput district, Odisha, India.] [uploaded January 3, 2014]
- Video: 2015 (December 3). Entrevista Al Especialista de IICA Diddier Moreira. 7:22 min. Mercedes Fraile channel, YouTube. [Spanish language video interview with Diddier Moreira during an SRI/SICA workshop in Venezuela.]
- Video: 2015 (December 1). System of Rice Intensification in West Africa. 4:58 min. [See also short version, 2:41 min.] Peace Corps OPATS channel, Vimeo. [Instructional video with overview of Peace Corps SRI activities associated with the USAID-funded West Africa Food Security Partnership.]
- Video: 2015 (November 20). How Smallholder Farmers in Uttarakhand Reworked the System of Rice Intensification: Innovations from Sociotechnical Interactions in Fields and Villages. 1:33:42 min. Produced by Wageningen University. [Debashish Sen's PhD dissertation defense at Wageningen University]
- Video: 2015 (November 2). SRI Transplantation Final. 8:51. digitalgreen channel, YouTube. [Indian language; Includes two methods of marking]
- Video: 2015 (November 2). SRI Nursery Final. 9:51. digitalgreen channel, YouTube. [Indian language]
- Video: 2015 (November 25). System of Rice Intensification - Wanpen Channard & Picharineeraksri Channard. 28 min. Nate Flood channel. [Wanpen Channard and her daughter, Picharineeraksri, who are farmers from Baan Tha Mai Village, Nakorn- sawan Province of Thailand, talk about how they carry out SRI. ECHO Asia Conference, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Oct. 6-9, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (November 23). System of Rice Intensification (SRI). 3:13 min. Rizky Sulaiman Salim channel, YouTube. [Video about a UNDP project in Sumba Timur, Indonesia, to promote SRI.]
- Video: 2015. (November 5). We shall meet the seed demand for next year-Dr. Nustugah SARI 5. 3:30 min. Noah Nash channel, YouTube. [Viasat 1 News video about an SRI rice project in northern Ghana.]
- Video: 2015. (September 26). Rice Farmers Urged to adopt Nursing and Transplanting methods for Rice Cultivation-INTAPIMP 15. 2:52 min. Noah Nash channel, YouTube. [Viasat 1 News video about an SRI rice project in northern Ghana.]
- Video: 2015 (September 26). นักประดิษฐ์พันล้าน หญ้าหายเกลี้ยง กับ Rotary Weeder และห่านดิน. Supachai Pitiwut channel, YouTube. [Supachai Pitiwut demonstrates weeders on the Thai TV show Billionaire Inventor.]
- Video: 2015. Cornell 2015 Joint Annual Meeting and State of the University Address. 59:09 min. (SRI mention is minute 9:50-10:25). CornellCast website. The chair of the board of trustees, Bob Harrison (right), in his speech just before the new Cornell President’s State of the University address, mentioned SRI as the first out of four examples on Cornell’s leading role in fighting global poverty.
- Video: 2015. Unleashing Women's Economic Opportunities. Clinton Global Initiative, livestream.com. [Choose the video on women's economic opportunities; Supisra Arayaphong talks about using SRI as a Thai farmer at the following times: 42:56 to 46:16 and 1:02:50 to 1:06.00]
- Video: 2015. Rice Farmers Urged to adopt Nursing and Transplanting methods for Rice Cultivation-INTAPIMP 15. Noah Nash channel, YouTube. [Viasat 1 News video about an SRI rice project in northern Ghana.]
- Video: 2015 (September 26). 993 SRI System of Rice Intensification. 9:59 min. Dr Janardhan Rao Cheeli channel. [Various rice scientists are interviewed in the video by Krishi Darpan, ICAR-NARM, Hyderabad, Telangana, India]
- Videos: 2015. AgroVision playlist. AgroVision R channel, YouTube. [A compilation of weeders, direct seeders and other manual equipment]
- Video: 2015 (August 28). ឧបករណ៏ស្ទូងស្រូវតានបែបប្រពលវប្បកម្ម (System of Rice Intensification). 0:27 min. Oxfam in Cambodia channel, YouTube. [A manual transplanting machine that could possibly be modified for SRI.]
- Video: 2015. (August 5). SRI Film 2015. 2:31 min. Sambegou Gassama channel, YouTube (French). [Film sur le SRI dans les bas-fonds péri-urbain en Guinée. Video from Guinea's national television station interviews representatives from the SRI-WAAPP project and a local farmer.]
- Video: 2014 (February 12). System of Rice Intensification (SRI) Directed By Rupesh Jain. 1:01:52 min. Rupesh Jain channel [Hindi language video on SRI made in Madhya Pradesh.] [accessed September 3, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (September 2). Challenges and Benefits of SRI - A Participatory Video. 6:07 min. IIRR: International Institute of Rural Reconstruction channel, YouTube. [Video with SRI farmers in Arbismen, Quezon, Philippines]
- Video: 2015 (August 31). Interview with Dr. Wan Mohtar Wan Yusoff about SRI in Malaysia. 4:08 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI-Rice interview at the Southeast Asia Regional Conference on SRI held in Alor Setar, Malaysia on May 28, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (August 28). Interview with Sanjeewanie Ginigaddara about SRI in Sri Lanka . 2:46 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI-Rice interview at the Southeast Asia Regional Conference on SRI held in Alor Setar, Malaysia on May 28, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (August 31). Interview with Hoang Van Phu about SRI in Vietnam. 1:17 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI-Rice interview at the Southeast Asia Regional Conference on SRI held in Alor Setar, Malaysia on May 28, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (August 28). Interview with Budi Setiawan about SRI in Indonesia (in Bahasa Indonesia).11:04 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI-Rice interview at the Southeast Asia Regional Conference on SRI held in Alor Setar, Malaysia on May 28, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (August 12). Climate-resiliency Field School: System of Rice Intensification. Francis Ebalo channel, YouTube [The original SRI video made in Indonesia by ADRA New Zealand reissued for use by Rice Watch and Action Network (R1) in the Philippines.]
- Audio: 2015 (August 10). Khmer hot news today | Officials advised farmers to learn growing rice intensification system (Khmer language). 8:04 min. News4u channel, YouTube. [Khmer language news program in Cambodia.]
- Video: 2015 (August). System of Rice Intensification in Cambodia. 6:10 minutes. Switchcomms channel, YouTube. [2011 video reuploaded by on Switchcomms channel. Farmers from Oxfam partners in Cambodia tell how SRI has improved their lives.]
- Video: 2015 (August 1). SRI Cultivation Method. 2:18 minutes. Srinivas ScienceFair channel, YouTube. [SRI at the student Science Fair in India!]
- Video: 2015 (July 29). Irrigation Rehabilitation and Development: The Muona Story. 5:25 min. Frederick Banda channel, YouTube. [Video about adoption of SRI in the Irrigation, Rural Livelihoods and Agriculture Development (IRLADP) Project in Malawi.]
- Video: 2015 (July 29). System of Rice Intensification: Harvesting More with Less. 3:18 min. Frederick Banda channel, YouTube. [Video about adoption of SRI in the Irrigation, Rural Livelihoods and Agriculture Development (IRLADP) Project in Malawi.]
- Video: 2012. Principles of System of Rice Intensification (SRI). 14:04 min. janmejay channel, Vimeo. [A good description how to implement SRI on small farms in India.]
- Video: 2015 (July 9). System of Rice Intensification by Abhishek Tiwari. 8:26 min. abhishek tiwari channel, YouTube. [Indian language explanation of SRI with farmer interviews.]
- Video: 2015 (July 7). SRI Technic in rice cultivation (Gujarati). 23:19 min. Directed by Rishikesh Pandet. RiturajI Ranjan channel. [Guajarati language video about the Aga Khan Rural Support Program in Gujarat. Video funded by NABARD]
- Video: 2015 (June 29). Know about System of Rice Intensification (SRI). 8:42 min. News18 - English channel, YouTube. [News program from Uttarakhand, India, on how to use SRI methods.]
- Video: 2015 (May 11). System of Rice Intensification. 2:29 min. Produced by Punnagai TV. Punnagai TV channel, YouTube. [Tamil language overview of SRI methods for TV.]
- Video: 2015 (May 12). SRI in Sierra Leone - Mendesora United. 13:10 min. FloodedCellar channel, YouTube. [Video on Gerald Aruna, an early adopter of SRI in Sierra Leone.]
- Video: 2015 (May 10). SRI in Sierra Leone - Gerald Aruna. 3:50 min. FloodedCellar channel, YouTube. [Video on adoption of SRI in Mendesora village in northern Sierra Leone.]
- Video: 2015 (May 5). System Rice intensification Project launched in the Northern Region 15. 2:55 min. Noah Nash channel, YouTube. [National Coordinator for the SRI Project in Ghana, Dr. Wilson Dogbe believe this system will boost the rice production in Ghana through the engagement of farmers at the rural areas.]
- Video: 2014 (January). CODEGAZ et la genèse du SRI (système de riziculture intensive) à Madagascar. 21.39 min. CODEGAZVIDEO channel, YouTube. [French language video about the work with SRI by the NGO CODEGAZ in Madagascar.]
- Video: 2015 (April 20). Arsenic in Rice: From Field to Fork. min. Cornell Transnational Learning channel, YouTube. [A seminar at Cornell University by John Duxbury, April 10, 2015.]
- Video: 2015 (April 6). Senegal – SRI bassin arachidier. 16:52 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (April 17). SRI in Cô̂te d'Ivoire. 11.06 min. Produced by FIRCA. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [TV clip from the Ivory Coast FIRCA show Terre & Progrès]
- Video: 2015 (April 6). CHAP TV Spot: SRI in Liberia. 1:33 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (April 6). Ghana Rice Inter Professional Body's System of Rice Intensification Project. 23:06 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [A segment on a project by the Ghana Rice Inter Professional Body that was funded by govt.'s Skills Development Fund to improve rice production in order to reduce imports. The SRI segment, which starts at min. 4:30, reports yield increased from 2 to 8 tons for some.]
- Video: 2015: (April 6). Video SRI Guinée. 18.26 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (March 30). System of Rice Intensification (SRI) short film (English subtitle). 11:03 min. Tổ chức phát triển Hà Lan SNV channel, YouTube. [Direct-seeded Australia Aid-funded SRI project undertaken by SNV Development Organisation Netherlands together with the Vietnamese Dept. of Agricultural and Rural Development .in the Vietnamese provinces of Quang Binh and Binh Dinh between 2011 and 2014]
- Video: 2014 (December 17). Video SRI bassin arachidier SENEGAL/ANCAR. 16.52 min. Abdoulaye SY channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (March 27). SRI. 11:04. Produced by Jacob and directed by Ajay. T. J. India WaterPortal channel, YouTube. [Documentary and interviews with Chhattisgarh farmers.]
- Video: 2015 (March 17). "Louis Malassis & Olam Prizes" awardees. 3:32 min: [Uphoff section starts at 2:57]. Agropolis Fondation channel, YouTube. [Interview with Louis Malassis and Olam Prize Awardees after winning awards on March 16, 2015, in Montpellier, France.]
- Video: 2015 (March 17). 2015 "Olam Prize for Innovation in Food Security" awardee: Norman Uphoff. 2:23 min. Produced by Farming First TV. Agropolis Fondation channel, YouTube. [Interview with Olam Prize Awardee from SRI-Rice at Cornell University after winning the award on March 16, 2015, in Montpellier, France.]
- Video: 2015 (January 6). SRI Paddy Seedling Transplantation Madhubani. 15:42 min. Produced by Digital Green. digitalgreen channel, YouTube. [How to transplant, by a farmer in Madhubani district, Bihar, India [accessed March 27, 2015]
- Video: 2015 (March 15). SRI - System of Rice Intensification in Iraq. 21:32 min. Produced by Al-Mishkab Rice Research Station in Najaf, Iraq. 21:32 min. SRI-Rice channel, YouTube. [SRI success and constraints in Iraq based on 2008 experiences promoting SRI in Al-Muthanna Province, Iraq. Farmer interviews are included.]
- Video: 2015 (February 23). SRI in Chhattisgarh: A new hope for farmers. Produced by Markhand Purohit. 5:50 min. India Water Portal channel, YouTube. [Jacob Nellithanam talks about the value of organic SRI in Chhattisgarh, India, to help increase productivity, reduce costs and to preserve to both traditional varieties and traditional markets.]
- Video: 2015 (February 10). 2 Testimonies from FRB's India Patharkhmah Program. Produced by Markhand Purohit. 4:44 min. FoodResoucesBank channel, YouTube. [Farmers in NEICORD/World Renew's India-Patharkhmah program talk about SRI and other innovations in this mountainous tribal area of Northeast India.]
- Video: 2013 (November 26). Using the Rotary Weeder in Lowland Rice. 17.48 min. africaricecenter channel, YouTube. [acquired February 2, 2015]
- Video: 2014 (November 3). Rice Weeding in Tanzania: Innovations From the Field. 3:26 min. Produced by Feed the Future program for USAID. [Accessed Feb. 1, 2015]
- Video: 2015. (January 29). Paddy Cultivation using SRI (System of Rice Intensification) Technology in South Sikkim. 4:11 min. Produced by Gajendra Dhungel. ICAR Zonal Project Directorate, Zone-III channel, YouTube.
- Video: 2015 (January 11). SRI Method of Paddy Cultivation - System of Rice Intensification - Vyavasayam | Studio N . 26:40 min. Studio N News channel, YouTube. (Telugu language) [News report on SRI from Tamil Nadu TV station in India.]
- Video: 2015 (January 11). SRI Malaysia: A Prototype Transplanter: The Malaysian Rowcaster. 4:36 min. Supachai Pitiwut channel, YouTube
- Video: 2015 (January 6). Journal TV 20H de la RTS1 du 6 Janvier 2015. 39.37 min (SRI segment plays during minutes 20:57 to 23:45). Produced Radiodiffusion Télévision Sénégalaise, RTS channel, YouTube. [TV channel report on workshop and training in Kaolack, Senegal, with additional reporting on the WAAPP’s SRI project in Kaolack, Fatick and Kaffrine.]
- 2015. Agroecology for farmers in irrigated areas - SRI. FAO channel, Slideshare.net. 22 slides. Presentation by Sophal Chhong at the Regional Symposium on Agroecology in Asia and the Pacific, in Bangkok, November 24-26, 2015. [Presentation on Farmer and Nature Net's (FNN) promotion of organic agriculture and ecological agriculture practices.] [accessed December 16, 2015]
- Berhe, Tareke. 2014. The Concept of the TIRR Package. Ethiopian ATA - Agricultural Transformation Agency. 18 slides. [uploaded Nov. 3, 2015]
- 2013. 2012 FTCs and farmer tef technology demonstration - Overview of results. Presentation by the Ethiopian ATA - Agricultural Transformation Agency, May 2013. 26 slides. [Uploaded Nov. 2, 2015]
- Uphoff, Norman, Tareke Berhe, Ayele G. Ayetenfisu, and Zewdie Gebretsadik. 2015. The System of Tef Intensification: Opportunities for greater food security in Ethiopia, and elsewhere, through modifications in crop management. Oral presentation (by Uphoff) at the 2nd International Conference on Global Food Security, Ithaca, NY, Oct. 12-14, 2015. 24 slides.
- Uphoff, Norman, Tareke Berhe, Ayele G. Ayetenfisu, and Zewdie Gebretsadik. 2015. The System of Tef Intensification (STI): Modifying crop management for greater food security in Ethiopia . Poster presentation (by Uphoff) at the 2nd International Conference on Global Food Security, Ithaca, NY, Oct. 12-14, 2015. 24 slides.
- Mishra, Abha. 2015. Farmer Adaptation of the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in the Lower Mekong Basin. Presentation at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, October 12, 2015. 35 slides. [uploaded October 12, 2015]
- Ghosh, Subir. 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and Reductions of Impacts of Inorganic Inputs on Coastal Waters. Subir Ghosh channel, SlideShare.net website. May 21. 4 slides. [Results of the UNDP-GEF Project on Mainstreaming Coastal and Marine Biodiversity Conservation into Production sectors in Sindhudurg Coast, Maharashtra, India] [accessed October 3, 2015]
- Sarker, Md. Abu Bakar Siddique. 2015. Identification of the critical factors of System of Rice Intensification (SRI) for maximizing Boro rice yield in Bangladesh. Presentation at the 17th Australian Agronomy Conference, Tasmania, Australia, September 24, 2015. 26 slides. [Md. Abu Bakar Siddique Sarker is Principle Scientific Officer, Agronomy Division, Bangladesh Rice Research Institute (BRRI)]
- Phu, Hoang Van. 2015. 1508 - Vietnam SRI Network. Presentation at the Low-Carbon Rice Farming Workshop, Thai Nguyen city, Vietnam, September 22. 15 slides.
- Traoré, Gaoussou, and Erika Styger. 2015. 1507 - Improving and Scaling Up SRI in West Africa - A Success Story. Presented at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, September 15, 2015. 32 slides. [uploaded September 9, 2015]
- Pérez, Rene. 2015. 1506 - The System of Rice Intensification (SRI) and its Adaptation to Sugarcane in Cuba. Presented at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, September 9, 2015. 31 slides. [uploaded September 9, 2015]
- Bouet, Alphonse. 2015. 1505 - Systeme de Riziculture Intensive (SRI) presentation de la Côte d’Ivoire. Presented at the SRI-WAAPP Regional Workshop on the System of Rice Intensification, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 16, 2015. [uploaded Sept. 4, 2015]
- Khadka, Ram. B. 2015. Adopt SRI, Build a Country Self-sufficient in Rice. [Nepali language SRI poster for Regional Agricultural Research Station (RARS), Khajura, and funded by the Agriculture and Food Security Project (AFSP) to create awareness SRI in Nepal's farming community.]
- Ashok, M. V. 2015. NABARD - System of Rice Intensification in India. Presented at SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, July 30, 2015. 43 slides. [uploaded July 31, 2015]
- Dahal, Khem Raj. 2015. SRI History, Present Perspectives and Future Strategies in Nepal. Presented at the National SRI Nepal Network Meeting, Lalitpur, Nepal, June 19. 11 slides. [uploaded July 27, 2015]
- Khadka, Ram Bahadur. 2015. System of Rice Intensification Research Perspective in Nepal. Presented at the National SRI Nepal Network Meeting, Lalitpur, Nepal, June 19. 27 slides. [uploaded July 27, 2015]
- Nghia Nguyen. 2015. Development of integrated rice-azolla-duck-fish farming systems with SRI methods for rice production in the Mekong River region, Vietnam. Presented at SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, July 1, 2015. 29 slides. [uploaded July 3, 2015]
- Bhatt, K. N. 2015. Finger Millet for Nutrition, Health and Ecological Security: Increasing Productivity through "SFMI". Presented at Presented at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, June 5, 2015. 49 slides. [uploaded June 7, 2015]
- Bhadsavle, Sekhar. 2015. SRT: A Zero Till, Conservation Agriculture Technique for Rice Based Farming. Presented at Presented at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, May 5, 2015. 10 slides. [uploaded May 7, 2015]
- Kan, Chun-E. 2015. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) in Taiwan: Results of Trials, Adapting to Existing Farming Systems and Local Conditions, and Making Links with the Private Sector. Presented at the SRI-Rice Seminar Series, Cornell University, April 16, 2015. 20 slides. [uploaded April 20, 2015]
- Hameed, Khidir Abas. 2014. Iraq's Strategy for Innovative Rice Irrigation and Water Management in Iraq. Presented at the Iraq’s Integrated Drought Risk Management Framework: The Validation Workshop, Amman, Jordan, March 2-5, 2014. 11 slides. [uploaded February 10, 2015]
- Norman Uphoff, Vasilia Fasoula, Iswandi Anas, Amir Kassam and A.K. Thakur. 2014. Improving the Phenotypic Expression of Rice Genotypes: Reasons to Rethink Selection Practices and ‘Intensification’ for Rice Production Systems, presentation by Norman Uphoff at the 4th International Rice Congress, Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Center, Bangkok, Thailand, October 31, 2014. [accessed March 31, 2015]
December: Philippines and Bhutan photo albums updated.